GDPR / PRIVACY
Scottish Youth Theatre (SYT) is committed to the protection and correct use of the personal data of anyone who is involved with us, including participants, their parents or carers, staff, freelancers, donors and volunteers. We make it our utmost priority to meet the standards and stipulations previously set out in the Data Protection Act and those in the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), which is effective from 25 May 2018.
We strive to only collect data that is absolutely necessary and store it securely for an appropriate amount of time. We will not contact you with marketing material unless you have explicitly asked to receive updates. At anytime you can request to have your details erased or amended.
This notice provides general information about what data we collect, why we collect it, how long for and how it is used and stored. If you require more information on GDPR then please visit ICO’s website www.ICO.org.uk
WHO IS COLLECTING YOUR DATA?
Scottish Youth Theatre collects your data through the following methods:
- Online registration forms, sign-ups, ticket purchases, CVs and covering letters
- Hard copy or electronic copy of a registration form, CV or application letter
WHAT DATA IS BEING COLLECTED AND WHY?
We only collect data which is required for the lawful purposes of administering the business of SYT.
These purposes are:
- Child protection
- Provision of the correct type of theatre activity for the participant
- Provide legal consent
- Funding applications and reports
- Staff administration including payroll
- Advertising, marketing and public relations (if consent granted)
WHAT TYPES OF PERSONAL DATA DO WE COLLECT?
We process personal information to enable us to support the provision of theatre activity for children and young people, maintain our own accounts and records, promote our activity and to support and manage our employees. We also process personal information about staff who deliver our services.
The types of personal information we use include:
- Personal details such as names, addresses, telephone numbers, age
- Emergency contact details
- Employment details, for example for those that work for us either directly or are employed by us to provide a service
- Financial details, where we provide or take payment for services
- Visual images for use in marketing and PR
- Responses to surveys, where individuals have responded to marketing questions
- Employment tribunal applications, complaints, accidents and incident details
- We also process sensitive information that may include medical information or additional needs
HOW WE USE INFORMATION ABOUT YOU
- To ensure activity is planned and delivered to meet participants’ needs
- To contact you with important information
- To review the activity provided to ensure it is of the highest possible standard
- To report to our funders on our activity
- To maintain health and safety for staff and participants
- To process incoming payments for activity or outgoing payment for work, services or refunds