Above all, the programme champions young people as artists, gives space for
learning and growth and celebrates their work, passions, concerns and experiences.
The Artistic Programme
The programme is delivered on a project-by-project basis offering a range of ways for young artists to participate. This includes skills-based workshops, making and touring new theatre work and paid traineeships with a comprehensive learning programme.
LATEST / UPCOMING PROJECTS
What young artists can expect of Scottish Youth Theatre
You can expect to work in a welcoming and safe environment where your lived experience, skills and ideas are valued. You’ll collaborate with your peers and inspiring professional practitioners to create original work and we will support you to make it the best it can be. And remember…
- All opportunities are free to participate
- We cover the costs of your travel and accommodation when you need to be away from home
- We support your wellbeing and access needs at no cost to you
- There is no membership
Read more about our access support here…
What we expect of participating young people
In return we ask you to commit to the whole process, to be open to experimentation and ready to go beyond what you already know. You’ll need to be supportive of your collaborators and appreciative of what they bring to the space.
Essentially, you need to sign up to our company values as part of your participation in our projects:
- Cultivating creative possibility
- Weaving collaboration and connection
- Embedding wellbeing and care
- Grounding integrity in all things
RECENTLY COMPLETED PROJECTS